Friday, January 20, 2006

Almost to LA

We’re a running at least an hour behind, and a few hours out of LA.   Stopped again up.  Apparently we are running on Union Pacific tracks and there was something about a bridge burnt down earlier this week.    Seems it’s taking us forever to get through this freight yard.

So far the trip has been very pleasant.  I  ate in the dining car last night for dinner, and again for breakfast.   Both were both surprisingly good meals.   Last night I had a pasta dish with green beans, corn, and a Bud Light.    This morning I had eggs over easy, a croissant, and some hash browns.  I wonder if they had any toast.   The waiter put two glasses of orange juice in front of me and I’m glad he did because I was so parched.  I had gotten up in the middle of the night a few times and drank at least 4 of those little paper cups of water each time.   And still my mouth was dry.

I was hoping to get a few hours to explore LA, but as it looks now I’ll probably have just enough time to hop onto the bus to Bakersfield.  

T-mobile signal is good here…I think we a bit outside Ontario, CA.   But I think the phone sucks a lot of the battery.   In this day and age, you’d think they have more facilities for electronic gadgets.   But, I guess they have few selling points for first class as it is so having access to electricity is a good motivator for todays upwardly mobile gadget geeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home