Friday, January 27, 2006

Quick Update to Schedule

Just a quick update.  I don’t like writing too much in my blog while at friend’s places as I’d rather use the time to enjoy.    On the train I have much more time to write detailed blogs.   So far all my friends have had high-speed wireless which helps when uploading large amounts of photos.  

I’ve opted to change my schedule slightly and stay in Seattle overnight.   It’s a city I’ve always wanted to visit anyways.    I’ll arrive around noonish on Saturday, then catch the Amtrack Cascades early in the morning and take it to Vancouver, BC.   This SHOULD get me in on time to catch the Via Rail Canadian leaving at 5:30pm.    If I had left Friday, as my original plan, I’d have to take a bus from Seattle to Vancouver, arriving at 5pm.  That would have been cutting it too close.   If I had missed the train in Vancouver I would have been stuck there for a couple of day until the next train.

This way I’m not rushed and I get to explore a city I’ve always wanted to explore.   A few years back Harper’s Magazine voted my home city of Halifax, NS, the 2nd hippest city in North America --- Seattle was 1st.    This was during the ‘grunge’ period of pop music.    All the footage of seen of Seattle suggests that it’s a pretty nice city, and I’ve often considered it as a place to live.   As a sailor, I’ve always had dreams of living on a houseboat and Seattle seems to have this down pat.   Not sure if I’ll get to see any, but we’ll give it a try.   Of course, they are way out of my price range, but there are always other cities, harbours, and inlets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home