Tuesday, January 24, 2006

3am in Sacramento

3am in Sacramento

I’ve just heard that a Cal-train train hit a car, or a person.  That’s what’s holding up the Amtrak that I’m trying to catch.   This is unconfirmed…I haven’t seen anything on the CNN or FoxNews websites.

In other tidbits, if I wasn’t inside charging my laptop I’d be outside the station taking advantage of the open wifi hotspot.   The SSID is ‘linksys’  which is a default for those routers.  

I’m very tired.  But refuse to fall asleep with the laptop on charge, and my camera bag out in the open.  Because I’m getting off in Olympia there is no checked baggage.   That means I’m lugging ALL my luggage (5 pieces) with me.   Guess I stuff some of it into the luggage racks on the lower level of the car.   Not the most wonderful option.

I just overheard an arrival time of 5:45am for the Coastal Starlight.   That’s another 1+ hour past the last estimated time.    Of course, as with anything, rumours abound.   Once the batts are charged for the laptop and I post this I may try that sleep thing my body is telling me about.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep us posted throughout the day if you can as to your arrival time here. That we aren't sitting around for hours waiting for you.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes a CalTrain did hit a car that's why 14 was so delayed.

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home