Sunday, January 29, 2006

King St Station Seattle

King St. Station, Seattle – Pioneer Hotel

By the time I reached Seattle I was pretty much exhausted.   I had to lug all my luggage up the platform and try to get a cab.   Many people were waiting, but they seemed to be plentiful.   All I wanted to do was get into my hotel room and drop the luggage!   I also knew there was a special email there from my wife and I was anxious to read that.

I took a cab to the Pioneer Square Hotel which is only a few blocks from the train station, and in the heart of the historic/artist section of the Seattle.   I tipped the driver well considering the amount of luggage we had to hump in and out of the trunk.

The Pioneer Square Hotel is one of those renovated historic buildings, much like the St. Anthony’s I had stayed at while in San Antonio a few months back.    I love these if they are done right.    The Front Desk Clerk, seeing that I was alone, offered an upgrade to a single King-Size bed which I gladly accepted.  It also came with a king-size tub.   Even though it didn’t have a view, I didn’t mind as I don’t think any of the rooms had much of a view.   Well, maybe the top floors.

One of the reasons for choosing this hotel was that it had complimentary high speed wireless internet in each room.   It appeared they had a wireless hub in each room….with the option to hook up to Cat5.    Continental breakfast was also included.  However, I was a little hungover from partaking in excess libations of Mac & Jack’s African Amber ale in the Pioneer Square Saloon directly next door from the Hotel.

About 10pm I was feeling a bit puckish, so the bartender and a couple of patrons recommended an excellent restaurant/bar a few blocks up the street that had an happy hour food menu.    Another Mac and Jack’s later and I had gulped down this excellent and juicy burger --- for $1.95!  With table service!   Back to the saloon, another Mac and Jack’s and off to bed.   Well, first I had to make a drunken entry about how much I loved Seattle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home