Tuesday, January 31, 2006

New Photos Posted - Jan 31

New Photos Posted

I’ve posted three sets of photos.

  1. Seattle – http://www.dailyhotshot.com/Seattle/

  2. Chinese New Year – http://www.dailyhotshot.com/chinesenewyear/

  3. Jasper – http://www.dailythotshot.com/jasper/

I’ve taken some photos in Winnipeg today of The Forks Market.  It’s pretty much the Historic Properties (Hfx) of Winnipeg and less than a block out the back door of the Via Rail station.  

Tonight the train will be leaving for Churchill.  Two days up, and two days back.   I may not be able to communicate for those times but should have a good update when I get back.    I’m going to have to overnight in Winnipeg before catching the train eastward bound the next day.    There’s a hostel for $18 a night, or I noticed a Hampton Inn only a couple of blocks from the Station on the way to the Library.   They usually have reasonable rates, high speed internet, and a continental breakfast included.

The pocketful of Cdn coins Mark handed me has gone a long way.   With all the granola bars, etc. that I had packed, I didn’t even have to eat on the train.   There was an hour stopover in Jasper, so I reloaded on 3 cokes, a litre of water, and a turkey sandwich and salad at the local IGA.   I only had to buy a few cokes on the train.   What can I say?  I’m a cokaholic!  

Train to Churchill leaves at 8:25pm tonight.  Not sure if I’ll get any other posts made before then.

Currently listening to Bachman-Turner-Overdrive – Portage and Main. (

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great pictures.. still following your adventures... i hope that you get to see the Northern Lights... one day i will see those...

6:48 PM  
Blogger Tim Harvey said...

Hotshot, great job on your blog. I'm doing a similar live rail travelogue on blogger at manypims.blogspot.com. I'll definitely give you a plug. Keep up the good work.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home